Sunday, September 30, 2007

Cartoonist, Steve Breen wins my 'Depravity Award'


by Mary MacElveen Page 1 of 2 page(s)

http://www.opednews.com



Tell A Friend

It is not often that I will include in a piece an actual email correspondence with someone, but this time, I am letting it rip. So, it will be somewhat brief.

Cartoonist, Steve Breen drew the following picture of Lady Liberty holding her nose when the Iranian President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad recently visited NYC to address both the UN and Columbia University.

So, below is my actual letter to Mr. Breen:

To Mr. Breen,

I happened upon this cartoon via a political list that I am on showing Lady Liberty holding her nose when the Iranian President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad recently visited NYC to address both the UN and Columbia University. I do find it offensive due to the fact that most likely you do not know the many reasons why the Muslim world does not trust us. I have written of the Iraq War and have seen photos of children who we have killed for oil. As it stands now, one million innocent Iraqis are now dead. Think on that. By the way, President Ahmadinejad never said he wanted to blow Israel off the face of the map. In the meantime, please look at this article written by me and you tell me if we do not deserve contempt coming from the Muslim world, Suffer the children of Iraq, a photo essay.

Sincerely,

Mary MacElveen

http://www.marymacelveen.com

Contributing writer for OpEdNews.com

Contributing writer for NolanChart.com

You would think a letter like that with a link to one of my articles showing injured Iraqi children harmed by the government of the United States would have him email me back in a somber tone. Well, it didn’t. Below is his response back to me.

From: steve.breen@uniontrib.com [mailto:steve.breen@uniontrib.com]


Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:34 PM


To: xmjmac@optonline.net


Subject: Lady Liberty cartoon.

Mary,



I laughed diet soda out my nose when I read your e-mail. hame on you!



Steve Breen

I chose to include his email address since by going to that link; it is public for anyone to email him. I guess by ‘hame’ he meant shame.

1 | 2

http://www.marymacelveen.com

I am a writer who currently writes pieces for my own blog http://www.marymacelveen.com I have been published by Buzzflash.com, Legitgov.org, TheLiberalPatriot.org and MikeHersh.com. I was a guest on the Jay Diamond Radio Show on WRKO in Boston and have appeared on CNN. I have done numerous web broadcasts for sites such as RadioLeft.com, TVNewsLies.org and FranklySpeakingRadio.com.

Contact Author

Contact Editor

View Other Articles by Author

No comments: