Thursday, March 27, 2008

BARNEY FRANK TO OFFER POT DECRIMINALIZATION BILL



CELEB STONER Rep. Barney Frank announced on Real Time he plans to "file a bill as soon as we go back to remove all penalties for small amounts of marijuana."

"Why are you doing this in this late stage in the history of marijuana?" Bill Maher probed.

"Because I finally got to the point where I think I can get away with it," explained Frank, who has been in the House since 1981. "I wanted to do it for a long time. I filed it in the state legislature in the '70s. When I got to Congress, frankly, I was feeling more cautious.

"I now think it's time for the politicians to catch up to the public. The notion that you lock people up for smoking marijuana is pretty silly. I'm going to call it the Make Room for Serious Criminals bill."

No comments: