Saturday, December 31, 2005

Quote of the Day

This seemed like a "timely" quote...............PEACE...........Scott


I hate the judge who loves money, the scribe who loves war,
Chiefs who do not guard their subjects, and nations without vigor.

I hate houses without dwellers, lands untilled, fields that bear no
harvest,Landless clans, the agents of error, the oppressors of truth.

I hate him who respects not father or mother, those who make strife
among friends,A country in anarchy, lost learning, and uncertain boundaries.

I hate journeys without safety, families without strength, lawsuits
without reason,Ambushes and treasons, faults in counsel, and justice unhonored.

I hate a man without a trade, a laborer without freedom, a society
without teachers, false witness before a judge, the undeserving exalted
to high position.

-- Cadoc the Wise, a 6th century Celtic monk

No comments: