Monday, March 10, 2008

GREAT LAST WORDS


||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Either that wallpaper goes or I do -- Supposed last words of Oscar Wilde


I must begin Sanskrit tomorrow. -- Last recorded words of Herbert
Coleridge, 31, the first editor of what would become the Oxford English
Dictionary. Coleridge, who was working on the letter A at the time


We probably could have saved ourselves, but were too damned lazy to try
very hard -- Kurt Vonnegut's suggested last words of humans to be
carved perhaps on the Grand Canyon for "flying-saucer creatures or
angels or whatever."


"Don't let it end this way. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa


"Is it the fourth?" Thomas Jefferson on April 4, 1846


"Hold me up; I want to shit." - Walt Whitman


"Leave the shower curtain on the inside of the tub" - Conrad Hilton


"I am about to - or I am going to - die; either expression is used." -
French grammarian Dominique Bouhours

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

No comments: